Meet The Doctor
Dr. Dan Joseph graduated from West Liberty State College in 1975 receiving his Bachelors of Science degree. He went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1978 at West Virginia University. Following dental school, Dr. Joseph completed his orthodontic residency at Washington University in St. Louis, earning a Master of Science in Orthodontics.
Dr. Joseph is a leader in his profession.
- American Dental Association - Served as a member of the House of Delegates
- West Virginia Dental Association - Served as Treasurer, Vice President, and President; chaired the Legislative Committee; served as Executive Council Representative for 15 years
- American Association of Orthodontists - Served as a member of the House of Delegates; member of three strategic planning committees, served on Governance Task Force
- Southern Association of Orthodontists - Served on the Board of Directors; Served on Executive Director Search Committee
- West Virginia Association of Orthodontists - Served as President
- International College of Dentists - Served as Deputy Regent
- American College of Dentists - Diplomate
- West Virginia Board of Dentistry - Chaired the Orthodontic Examining Committee
- EJ Joseph Fund at WVU Orthodontic Dept - Founder
- Chi Beta Phi Science Honorary Fraternity - Served as President
Dr. Joseph is passionate about what he does and he strives to provide state of the art care and techniques for his patients. His treatment plans are individualized to meet and exceed his patients expectations. He not only focusses on his patients but their families as well.
“My father was an orthodontist and a leader in his profession. I was given the opportunity from a very young age to observe and work in his practice. I was able to see the passion that he had for his profession and was able to witness the respect his peers had for him and the influence that he had on his patients. He instilled in me many valuable lessons, one that has always stuck with me is to give back more than you take. I have tried to use that lesson and have applied it through my family, my relationships, my profession and my community. He set very high standards for me to achieve. My lifelong goal is to honor him and to continue to improve this great profession of orthodontics in a way that would have made him proud.”
Dr. Joseph and his wife Debbie have four children and three grandchildren. In his free time, Dr. Joseph enjoys mentoring young people, hydroplane and automobile racing, collecting animation art, attending WVU and West Liberty University Basketball and Football games and spending time at the beach.